Thursday, January 19, 2012

SVL Suite V1.0.0 available for download

My submission of SVL Suite to MATLAB Central File Exchange was rejected. The reason for the rejection is because my submission contains p-files. Having the p-files, which hides the source code, kind of defeats the purpose of File Exchange, which is to allow users to learn from each other by looking at the source code. It is fair, but I wish they had spelled it out in their Guidelines for New Submissions.

In any case, I believe SVL suite is a very useful application/learning tool and I am determined to at least try to give it a bit of exposure on the Internet. And therefore, I updated the project website I created for the SVL Suite (in 2010), and package up the first release for download. I also submitted the link of the project website to the Link Exchange on MATLAB Central. Let's see where it takes us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment